The main objectives of the International Students Department are:
- Promoting the scientific image of the POLITEHNICA University of Bucharest overseas and attracting a growing number of foreign students;
- Developing support materials and participating in national and international educational fairs.
- Promoting the educational offer of the POLITEHNICA University of Bucharest at an international level;
- In order to meet these objectives, we consider:
- increasing the international prestige of the POLITEHNICA University of Bucharest, through curriculum harmonization along with the one of similar universities abroad and its periodical update; at the same time, we will support the actions of inviting internationally recognized professors from foreign universities, as well as of authorizing prestigious professors from our country to give lectures at universities which could bring in more foreign students (Maghreb countries, Africa, China, India, Pakistan, South-East Asia, South America, etc.);
- promotion of the POLITEHNICA University of Bucharest, by developing, editing and printing promotional materials such as brochures, leaflets, flyers, CDs, DVDs;
- creating a « Student’s Guide » for foreign citizens who wish to study in our university, edited in the main international languages (English and French) ;
- supporting the creation of an institutionalized form of “The Club of international alumni of the POLITEHNICA University of Bucharest “, which will be named « POLITEHNICA’s Friends », as well as creating a forum/chat-room (in Romanian) with the purpose of exchanging opinions, advice, etc., formulated by the target group ;
- achievement of a “Good Practice Guide” by consulting prestige universities in the field and its promotion;
- achievement of academic partnerships with similar universities abroad;
- popularization of the scientific activity of the POLITEHNICA University of Bucharest through the Ministry of Education, Research, Youth and Sports and through the Ministry of Foreign
- Affairs, as well as within the framework of Romania’s diplomatic missions and cultural institutes abroad
- formal and institutional meetings with embassy and consulate representatives of countries with potential in supplying international students ;
- implementing of a permanent connection with foreign students recruiting companies recognized by their countries of origin governments.
- Analyzing application files received from the non-EU citizens who want to study in the POLITEHNICA University of Bucharest, in order to release The Letter of Acceptance by the Ministry of Education, Research, Youth and Sports – International Partnerships and Romanian Diaspora Direction ;
- Creating a database in order to elaborate the « Unique Foreign Students Register »;
- Participation in partnership with interested universities in competition with projects financed from Structural Funds;
- Taking part in permanent and general activities aiming to achieve the following goal: organizing and coordinating international and national seminars, conferences and workshop with a view to promoting the Romanian and our university educational system.
- Tiberiu Apostol – Head of Department – 0744 306 966 021 402 95 40 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maria Hadar – Head of Office – 021 402 94 83 / 021 402 94 50/ email@example.com
- Andra Vasile – Financial Officer – 021 402 94 83 / 021 402 95 40 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ilariana Tudor – Financial Officer – 021 402 94 83 / 021 402 95 40 / email@example.com